New ‘Library Light’
A Library Service Collaboration across the Liverpool City Region “Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens, Wirral”
We have a new LIBRARY LIGHT offer that you may be interested in. The introduction of Library Light means that you can now access all libraries across the Liverpool City Region (Halton, St Helens, Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton and Wirral) with your current library membership card. This may help you if you live in one borough and work, study or indeed visit other neighbouring authorities. You just need to show your library card, ask to become a library light customer and we will do the rest for you!
Library Light will allow you to
- borrow up to 6 books from any neighbouring library services – you will need to return those books to the library authority you borrowed them from;
- reserve up to 6 books from any library in the Liverpool City Region via contacting them direct (local charges may apply);
- access PC’s and printers (local charges may apply).
You can also access all the neighboring authorities’ catalogues to see if there are any titles you might be interested in via https://catalogue.knowsley.gov.uk/cgi-bin/koha/opac-main.pl
- How many books can I borrow? 6
- Why do I need a LCR card, I’m already a member of my local library? If you are already a member of your authorities’ local library, then you now have an option, if you wish to apply, to join any other Liverpool City Region Library in Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, St Helens, Sefton or Wirral. You won’t be given another card, as you will be able to use your existing card.
- How do I join? Visit the library you wish to join outside of the authority you live with your existing library membership card and they will use this existing card as proof of ID and set you up as a member of their Library. Once set up you will then be able to use your existing membership card to visit any library within that authority and within your own authority.
- Do I need ID to join Library Light? No – if you are already a customer of a library service in Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, St Helens, Sefton or Wirral you just need to show your current library card and give a few details at the desk. Note – parental / guardian consent is required if you are under 16 years of age. If you are not a customer at any library service, you’ll just need to become a member of the library service where you live or work, then that new customer library card will give you access to Library Light across the other library services.
- Can I return the books to any library in LCR? No you need to return the books to the Library authority you loaned them from.
- Will I be fined if I am late returning books? This depends on the authority’s library fine policy where you loaned the books from.
- I want to renew my books – which library do I contact? You need to contact the Library you loaned the books from.
- Can I use the PCs? Yes, please note that local charges will apply.