Helping you to get online and become more Digital!
As more and more services move online and the world is becoming more ‘digital’. It is becoming increasingly important that everyone has the right skills to be able to successfully navigate the digital world. The Library Service can help you get online by sharing our digital knowledge to get you started on your digital journey. So, if you are a complete beginner, or need some more advice support then we are here to help in a variety of ways.
We can help you with
- Accessing the internet
- Setting up an email account
- Setting up a borrowbox account (E-book service)
- Searching for jobs and complete applications online
- Learning more about the things that interest you
- Learning how to download apps
- Communicating online with friends and family
- Contacting the council and so much more
There is a wide range of services we provide to help get you online. We offer free computer access in all our libraries. To use a computer you will need a membership number and a pin. If you’re not already a member of the service then we can register for free Knowsley Libraries catalog › Register a new account
FACE – drop in digital support sessions
Tuesday 10.00am – 12.30 @ Kirkby Library
Tuesday 1.30 – 3.30Pm @ Huyton Library
Wednesday 12.30 – 3.30pm @ Prescot Library
Tea and Tech
A free drop in session where we can share tips and experiences and help you learn some basic skills. Ideal for beginners, no need to book, just turn up. We also run themed sessions so speak to a member of staff for more information.
Halewood Library every Thursday 14.30- 15.30
Huyton Library every Friday 10.00 – 13.00
Kirkby Library every Monday 10.15 – 11.15
Prescot Library every Monday 15.00 – 16.00
Stockbridge every Monday 14:00 – 17:00
Want to learn at your own pace?
Want to learn at your own pace then we have access to a wide range of online technology guides that can you with how to browse the internet, how to shop online, communicate online with friends and family and even playing games that you can access in our libraries and from home.
We also have a wide range of online resource, printable guides, video tutorials and much more, including eAudiobooks, eBooks and online learning opportunities.
Free digital 1-2-1 support sessions
Our digital buddies run free one-to-one support sessions to help you feel more confident using the internet and online services.
Our digital buddies can help you with things such as:
- browsing the web and staying safe online
- video calling
- online shopping and banking
- Social media
- using online council services, such as:
- using online chat
- accessing online forms to apply or report something to us
- searching for and applying for social housing
- using online library services, including eBooks and eAudio and your online library account